It can be used as an area and volume calculator; as a soil calculator and as a grass seed calculator.
We have provided a set of preset options that give you an answer immediately to some of the more common gardening questions such as:
- What is the size of a 2D area?
- What is the size of a 3D area?
- How much potting soil do I need to fill up a round shaped pot?
- How much potting soil do I need to fill up a rectangular shaped pot?
- How much soil fits inside a garden bed?
- How much water do I need to fill up a pond?
- How much water fits inside a pool?
- How much grass seeds do I need to grow an area of grass?
After selecting one of the preset options you can further finetune your question by entering different dimensions and selecting different units.
Switch between rectangular and round shape areas by clicking one of the two corresponding buttons.
With any change the result is shown instantly in the bottom most text box.
These are the densities used during calculation (in kg/m³):
- potting soil: 350
- topsoil: 1400
- water: 1000
- grass seeds: 3 (spreading density for seeding based on 30 g/m²)